In CNC precision manufacturing, mechanical drawings are the basis for technicians to process and manufacture machined parts. A drawing is handed over by the mechanical design engineers to the production department. The designer expresses the requirements in the drawing of a CNC Machined part, and the production department carries out the manufacturing and inspection according to drawing. A right-on drawing can help to accelerate the production process with best cost.
From our point of view, there are 5 kinds of problems for a mechanical drawing.
1. Lacking of necessary dimensions
2. Dimension conflict. On one hand, dimension conflicted with other specifications on drawing. On the other hand, dimension on 2D conflicted with 3D drawings.
3. The requirement of materials is not clear. For example, when customer said they need stainless steel, then as manufacturer he doesn’t know exactly which type of stainless steel to use, 303, 304, 316 or 17-4?
4. The surface treatment is not clear or being exceeded the machining capability. For example, if customer required 50μ ± 10μ thickness on aluminum anodizing, according to the technology of Dongguan precision manufacturing, we can’t make it. The best we can produce is 15μm.
5. Tolerancing dimensions are too tight. Usually mechanical engineers will consider the machinability of the parts they have designed, but it is the machining suppliers who know better than designers. Sometimes tolerancing requirements are too tight, and seasoned manufacturers will discuss the tolerance with engineer to choose the best tolerancing dimension.
DH Machining is a midsize precision machining manufacturer from Dongguan China, with a medium company scale of 40 employees. With 15+ years machining experience, we have accumulated rich experience how to help customers solve their drawing problems from quotation to delivery.
We value every enquiry and spend time checking through the complete drawing. Our engineer will review drawings thoroughly when quoting and advise customers to adjust tolerancing requirements based on production capacity. It’s extremely important for prototyping projects. Most importantly, it is completely free.
2. Taking order
We value your time. As a mechanical engineer you may be very busy communicating with several different machining manufacturers. We try to clarify at least 90% potential problems on drawings, this can save your time.
Some problems may be found in CNC programming or production process. We will ask for your confirmation if in doubt. We always choose the best machining process and best materials to make your parts.
In conclusion, as a UK customer said, “You are a good detective”. Here at DH Machining, we help you in every step of the way in your CNC machining project. Your precision machining part is in safe hand with us. Send enquiry today to test our services! DH Machining, a midsize machine shop thinks more of you.